1. #1
    Unregistered Guest

    Government jobs for engineer

    I am currently doing M.E.in computer science and engineering.I want gov.job after completing my M.E.Can you tell me about Gov. exams for getting job for my post graduation degree.

  2. #2
    GovernmentJobsExpert is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Re: Government jobs for engineer

    You have different options for government jobs after M.E. If you are interested to join technical field itself, you can apply for jobs in railways. You can apply for posts such as Assistant Engineer, Junior Engineer, Section Officer, Technician etc in railways. You should appear and clear railway Recruitment Board Exams. You can also apply to defense services in any of the three defense wings. CDS is the qualifying examination for this. Civil services exam conducted by UPSC is also a good option. IAS, IES, IPS, IFS etc are part of these services. Bank recruitment examinations need to be attended to apply for PO/Specialist positions. Some of the reputed public sector companies and research organizations where in you can apply are BHEL, NTPC, SAIL, BARC, DRDO, ISRO etc. You can get in to Scientist/Research positions, Assistant Engineer positions etc in any of these organizations if you clear written exams.

+ Reply to Thread

Receive Government Jobs Email Updates:

Quick Reply Any Question?

Similar Threads

  1. Scope for an IT Engineer in Government jobs and What are the jobs for IT Students?
    By Unregistered in forum Government Jobs Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 29th May 2013, 10:08 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th July 2012, 10:40 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th March 2012, 12:53 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28th February 2012, 01:58 PM